Vegetarian Taco Salad
- 2 (19 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen vegetarian burger crumbles
[Jacq adds: Morningstar brand has a good flavor. It comes in a bag in
the vegetarian freezer section of grocery store. 1 bag=1 lb of cooked
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package corn tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 head leaf lettuce - rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 tomatoes, diced
In a medium-size mixing bowl combine beans, burger, taco seasoning, onions, salsa, and refrigerate.
When ready to serve, layer in individual bowls: chips, cheese, lettuce, bean mixture, and top with diced tomatoes.