Thai Chicken Curry
This is yum! ;-)
- 1 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk,* whisked to blend
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Thai curry paste*
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/3-inch-wide strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 t. grated fresh ginger
- 1 pound chicken tenders, or boneless/skinless thighs, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon (packed) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes(optional)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Put scant teaspoon of oil in large skillet. Saute onions,
peppers, garlic and ginger, over medium-high heat, till slightly soft.
Push vegetables to one side of skillet. Add 1/4 cup coconut milk and
curry paste to empty side of skillet, whisk till paste is combined and
then combine with vegetables.
Stir in chicken, remaining coconut milk, sugar and fish sauce. Cook
until chicken is cooked through, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Stir
in remaining 3 ingredients and simmer 1 minute. Season with salt.
Makes 4 servings.