Swann House Granola
David's parents took us to D.C. one year and we all stayed at
a really nice B&B near Dupont Circle. They had this really yummy
granola w/ breakfast the next morning. It would make a nice brunch
item, I think. I've never made it yet, but I intend to some day. They
were happy to share their recipe!
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 C Hot water
- 1 T vanilla
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
- a 'touch' of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 C Chopped dates
- 8 C Old Fashioned Oats
- Optional: Chopped dried fruits & nuts
1. Mix first 6 ingredients together in a food processor then add the dates 1/4 C at a time until entire mixture is pureed.
2. Coat the 8 C of oats with the above mixture until all of the oat
flakes are covered evenly. Spread out about 1/2 inch thick onto cookie
3. Bake at 250F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until dry and slightly crunchy, stirring and separating the 'chunks' every 30 minutes.
4. Cool and add chopped dry fruit and nuts if desired.