Spicy Kielbasa Soup
I loooove soup! Especially during fall/winter. Here is my fav.
- 1/2 lbs. kielbasa, sliced (I use turkey)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 gloves garlic
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz each) chicken broth
- 1 can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can tomatoes (diced or stewed, cut up)
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 medium carrot
- dried parsley (1 TBS)
- crushed red pepper (I use a little more than 1/2 tsp...but I like mine HOT...recipe actually calls for 1/4 tsp)
- black pepper (1/2 tsp...or 1/4 if you dont' want it as hot)
Cook kielbasa over med heat until lightly brown. Add onion, green pepper, garlic. Cook and stir about 5 minutes.
Transfer to slow cooker. Add remaining ingrediants. Cook on low about 5
hours. I like to add wild rice or whole grain pasta (put don't cook in
slow cooker..it will get too "mushy".