You can add or take out the vegetables/meat to your family's taste. I usually make this when going to a pot luck!
- 1 cup long grain or brown rice
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast, cooked
- 1 cup onions - chopped
- 1 cup red and green peppers - chopped
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 1 1/2 jars of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 15 oz fat-free (or low fat) cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free (or low fat) parmesan cheese
- 8 oz fat-free (or low fat) mozzarella cheese - grated
1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13"x9" pan with cooking spray.
3. In skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, onions, bell
peppers, and garlic. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and veggies
4. Stir in your jarred spaghetti sauce. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Layer half each of rice, chicken mixture, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese in prepared pan.
6. Repeat layers.
7. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 15 min.