These are a favorite in my family! They taste like toffee. They are so easy and take only 15 minutes.
- 35 soda crackers/saltines (which is one sleeve)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup blanched silver almonds
1. Preheat the over to 400 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with
aluminum foil and spray generously with non-stick spray (or use
2. Combine butter and brown sugar in a saucepan. Stirring constantly,
bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Pour over crackers completely.
3. Bake for 5-6 minutes, watch carefully. Remove cookie sheet from
oven, place it on the oven door and sprinkle chips over baked crackers.
When chocolate gets soft, spread over crackers with back of spoon.
Sprinkle slivered almonds on melted chocolate. Place in the
refrigerator for 8 hours. Break into cookie-sized pieces.
This recipe freezes well.