Mixed Greens w/ Toasted Almond, Mandarin Orange & Dried Cranberry
This salad is SOOO easy and everyone loves it!
- sliced almonds (If you don't like almonds, walnuts or pecans okay fine to substitute)
- Craisins (Ocean Spray Sweetened Dried Cranberries in baking aisle/dried fruit section)
- Canned Mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained but *not* rinsed
- ~~Optional: Gorgonzola crumbles
- Mixed baby lettuces or torn red leaf lettuce combo (never iceburg!) (I buy the spring mix bags)
- Newman's Light Cranberry Walnut Dressing (Raspberry Walnut good too.)
1. Sprinkle almonds evenly in a thin layer on a toaster oven
tray (I line the sheet w/ foil to make clean up quick.) Bake at 350 in
toaster oven until starting to brown lightly. This only takes a few
minutes. Watch carefully after 2 minutes or so--they burn quickly once
browning. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
2. Place lettuce greens in large bowl (for tossing purposes.) Sprinkle
in as many craisins and mandarin oranges as you wish. Pour in the
toasted nuts. If you are adding gorgonzola cheese crumbles, do so. Pour
as much Newman's Cranberry Walnut dressing as you want.
3. Toss it so dressing coats the greens nicely and serve. Don't toss
the salad w/ dressing too far in advance of serving, b/c the salt in
the dressing will wilt the lettuces.