Ground Beef & Noodles
I make a dish that uses uncooked noodles right on the stove top.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 2.5 cups of water (or broth if you prefer)
- 8-9 oz dried pasta (I use penne, but you can use whatever shape you'd like)
- small can tomato paste
- seasonings (whatever you would like: garlic, parsley, basil, salt & pepper are the regulars here)
- Whatever add ins you want (I sometimes add chopped carrots,
chopped artichoke bottoms (they come in a can), frozen peas, sometimes
a dollop of barbeque sauce
- may need: 1 tsp corn starch
Brown 1 lb of beef/turkey and drain.
Return the beef/turkey to the pan and add the 2.5 cups of water/broth.
Bring to a boil and add the dried pasta.
Add tomato paste and seasonings.
You can add whatever other add ins you would like now. (See recipe list)
Simmer until noodles are cooked to al dente and most of the water is gone - about 10-12 minutes.
If the end product is too liquidy, make a slurry of 2 tbsp of cold
water to 1 tsp of corn starch - mix in to the dish and stir, you should
see it thicken up.