Green Onion Soup (Tangpaguk)
- 100 grams of beef (about 3 ounces), cut into thin 1" squares
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon of sesame salt
- black pepper to taste
- 5 cups of water
- 5 medium green onions
- 1 beaten egg
1. Put the beef in a pan with the soy sauce, garlic, sesame
salt and black pepper, and cook over good heat until the meat is seared
and brown, not red, in color.
2. Add the water and cook for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender.
3. Cut the green onions into 1" lengths and mix them with the egg.
4. Pour the mixture a little at a time into the boiling soup and cook gently for 5 minutes.