Easy Greek Pasta w/ Spinach & Tomatoes
This recipe originally appeared in Cooking Light, circa 1997.
- 1 lb. uncooked penne, ziti, or other short, tubular pasta
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, with garlic, basil, and oregano, undrained
- 1 can cannellini (or other white) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 oz.) bag fresh, washed spinach
- 8 oz. feta cheese (optional - without it, this is a vegan dish)
Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions.
Meanwhile, bring diced tomatoes and beans to a boil in large, non-stick
skillet. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes. After 20 minutes,
tear or cut spinach and stir into tomato mixture. Stir just until
wilted, then remove from heat.
Serve tomato mixture over pasta, optionally sprinkling feta cheese over each serving.
Extra-healthy Tip: Use whole-wheat pasta to add even more fiber and cut the refined carbs.