Absolutely amazing and addictive (how's that for alliteration!)
And there are no eggs so you can snack on the buttery dough without fear of Salmonella (just weight gain!)
- 1 1/2 cups of butter at room temp.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 T. grated orange peel
- 2 t. vanilla
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked dried coconut
1. In a large bowl, with the mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, sugar, orange peel, and vanilla until smooth.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the
butter mix, stir to mix then beat on low speed until dough comes
otgether (about 5 min). Mix in cranberries and coconut.
3. Shape into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
4. Bake at 350 until cookie edges just begin to brown (8-11 min). Let
cookies cook on the sheets for 5 min. then transfer to racks to cool