Christmas Tree Spritz Cookies
I have made press cookies for many years. My mom and grandma
used to literally make hundreds of cookies each year and sold them at
Here is the recipe that I use. It is the recipe my mom has always used. I have never had a problem with it.
(I am not sure why she calls them Christmas tree cookies--maybe that was the first design she used in the cookie press.
- a cookie press/maker
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp almond extract (or whatever other flavoring you prefer)
- food coloring
1. Cream shortening, adding sugar gradually
2. Add egg, dry ingredients and flavoring
3. Add food coloring
4. Fill cookie press and form cookies
5. Decorate with tiny candies
Bake 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Yields 6 dozen