Cathy's Easy Potato Soup
I'm all for simple, nutritious, and quick recipes....We just
had a YUMMY potato soup with sandwiches for dinner...It's so easy, and
it whips up in no time.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 32 oz. cartons of chicken broth
- 2 packets Country Gravy mix (I use Pioneer Flour Mill brand)
- 1 32 oz package Frozen Southern Style Hashed Brown Potatoes
- Finely shredded Colby and Monterey Jack Cheese
1. Finely chop onion.
2. In soup pan, saute onion in olive oil until translucent.
3. Add frozen potatoes.
4. Cook over medium heat until potatoes thaw.
5. Add chicken broth.
6. Add gravy mix and wisk until smooth.
7. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly (approx. 15-20 minutes)
8. Spoon into individual bowls and top with shredded cheese.
Andrew ate TWO BOWLS of this soup tonight!