Beef w/ Garlic Sauce
This one I learned from a cooking class I took at Sur La Table a few years ago. It's super yummy!
- 3/4 - 1 lb beef sirloin
- 2 T garlic, chopped
- 1 T fish sauce
- 1 T sugar
- 1/4 t salt
- 3 T vegetable oil
1. Cut the beef (or chicken) into 1 inch cubes.
2. In a bowl, mix 1 T garlic, fish sauce, sugar, salt and 1/2 T of oil.
3. Place beef in bowl with marinade.
4. Cover in plastic wrap and let sit for a minimum of 30 minutes. If you have time, allow to sit up to 2 houirs.
5. On medium high-heat, preheat wok or fry pan. Add 1-1/2 T of oil and
left over 1T garlic. Cook garlic until brown (make sure it doesn't
6. Divide the beef into 2 batches.
7. Lightly pat the beef dry before adding to the pan. Add the first
batch of beef into wok and let it sear undisturbed for about 2 minutes.
8. Flip the meat over to brown other sides.
9. Remove batch to a plate. Repeat steps 7 & 8.
10. When all the beef is cooked, return first batch to wok and mix to reheat.
11. Quickly scoop beef over steamed rice.