BBQ Turkey Loaf
- 1-1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs or Japanese panko crumbs
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Handful of thawed frozen spinach
- 4-5 sliced mushrooms
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1-1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 2 (8oz) cans of tomato sauce
- 3 T white vinegar
- 3 T brown sugar
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- (optional) a couple of drops of Tabasco
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Using your hands, mix turkey, onion, mushrooms, spinach,
breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup of tomato sauce. (***Make
sure the spinach is thawed, drained well and water is squeezed out as
much as possible.)
2. Shape mixture in a loaf pan then invert into a 9x11 baking pan.
3. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. If the sauce is too
thick, add a bit of water to the consistency of a BBQ sauce.
4. Pour BBQ mixture over the turkey loaf.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F, making sure to baste the loaf every 15 minutes with the sauce surrounding the loaf.
6. Before taking the turkey loaf out, make sure that you check the internal temperature for doneness.