Amanda's Spinach Artichoke Dip
[Jacqueline's note: This is really, really yummy. I've been lucky enough to eat her dip twice now and she gave us the recipe.]
- one stick of butter
- one small onion diced (Amanda uses red onion)
- 8oz cream cheese
- 8oz sour cream
- 8oz (3/4 cup plus 1/4 cup reserved for topping) grated parmesean cheese
- 8oz monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 2 packages frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
- 1 can artichoke hearts (chopped fine)
- 1 tsp minced garlic (optional, but Amanda uses this amount)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Melt butter in large saucepan. Add onions and saute until they are soft. Add garlic if desired.
Add everything else [except reserved 1/4 c parm cheese.] Reduce heat so that that all the cheese melts but does not burn.
When everything is melted together put in large casserole dish. Top with remaining parm cheese.
Bake for about ten minutes or until top is light brown.